rethinking affordance | special issue, media theory
While many of these details are available on Media Theory website, we have provided them here for easy reference as you begin preparing your journal submission.
- Articles will be due for review September 15th, 2018.
- The desired word count is between 6,000 – 8,000 words, including all notes and references.
- Submissions should include a 150-word abstract and 5 keywords.
- Submissions should be formatted in accordance with the Harvard referencing style, the specifics of which are detailed and illustrated on the Media Theory website.
- If you include images, please: (a) establish that there are no copyright restrictions on the image that would preclude its fair use in the journal; (b) provide the copyright owner’s name as well as a brief caption; (c) ensure that the image resolution is at least 300dpi.
- To facilitate a double-blind peer review process, please also ensure that there are no indications of authorship throughout your article.
- Completed articles may be submitted to rethinkingaffordance at gmail dot com.
- Once articles have been submitted, the double-blind peer refereeing process is expected to take approximately 6 weeks. Contributors can therefore expect to receive notification concerning the status of their submission sometime in November 2018. Authors whose articles are accepted will be given an additional 6 weeks to complete any required revisions.
Further details with regards to journal submission guidelines and editorial policies may be found online at www.mediatheoryjournal.org.